What is Password management software?
Password manager software stores the various accounts’ login information and automatically enters them while login into the website. The automatic password generation feature available in password managers helps you create strong, unique, and random passwords. The login data is encrypted and stored in the user’s local memory or cloud storage. Password manager software helps prevent hacker attacks like keystroke logging and also no need to remember multiple passwords.
Password manager software enables you to choose a master password while creating a new account. Controls access to your password management database. The master password can be connected to the active directory, and you can use this master password to login to computers, send emails, etc. When your passwords need updating, you only need to change the master password.
Features of a Password Management Software
List of Password Management Software
When you start looking for the best password management software, it is easy to get overwhelmed with the list of options available. Here is the handpicked list of password management software to choose as per your requirement:
1Password Business is a scalable, secure, and easy-to-use password manager trusted by the world’s leading companies. Allows employees to use unique, strong passwords for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) accounts, so your business is always protected. 1Password Business makes it easy for employees to stay safe online. Enables users to set their security policies, add rules, and defend against rogue access attempts.
- Enforces multi-factor authentication on all devices
- 1Password creates an audit trail for all actions and changes that take place in the account
- Gives you alerts about password breaches and other security problems
- Also check for outdated 1Password apps and take any action required to protect your team
To know more about 1Password Business Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Passwork is a cloud-based password management software – available as a SaaS or via on-premise installation – that targets corporate businesses’ needs. It is designed to assist collaboration between groups and teammates while also suitable for individuals. The system guarantees the safe storage of an unlimited number of passwords in a structured context. Passwords are arranged into secure “vaults” and folders so that teammates can be invited by email to have shared accessibility, using special codes to allow those users not already registered with Passwork.
Passwork password management software is multi-lingual for international use and supported by its API and companion native application for Android and iOS devices.
- Eliminates unsecured, old, weak, and compromised passwords
- Users can use search, tags, and color labels for fast access
- Allows users to switch back to old password versions if necessary
- Users can choose appearance: light, dark, and combined
To know more about Passwork Password Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Securden is the most secure, web-based password management software for teams of all sizes. Securden locks down passwords, files, access keys, and other sensitive data in a central vault and protects them and the reports and logs provide complete visibility on who has access to what data. Securden password management software also throws light on password protection across the organization and helps administrators control internally.
Securden also tracks all access to shared accounts, and activities can be directly traced to individuals. Sensitive data are encrypted using AES-256, the military-grade algorithm.
- Enforces password request-release approvals for IT staff and automatically reset after time-limited access
- Eliminates hard-coded passwords embedded in configuration files, scripts, and code through APIs
- Allows remote access to devices and applications without showing the passwords
- Enables users to share admin and firecall accounts with complete control and auditing
To know more about Securden Password Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
BioSig ID is a biometric gesture password solution. The biometric gesture software measures every user’s unique way moves their finger, mouse, or stylus when they authenticate with their password. Biometric identifiers such as the length, speed, angle, direction, and height of each stroke are collected by the software to generate its unique biometric profile. In seconds, after drawing only 3-4 characters, BioSig-ID software establishes whether the user registered in the same person trying to access the account.
- Allows its user to access any content with pinpoint control
- Instantly compared the password against the previously created enrollment profile
- Also provides Multi-factor authentication
- Just four drawn characters are enough to identify legitimate users and stop imposters biometrically
To know more about Biosig-ID Password Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
KeePass is an open-source password management solution, which helps you to manage your passwords securely. Allows users to store all their passwords in one database, locked with a master key. So, you only require to remember one master key to unlock the whole database. Database files are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known (AES-256, ChaCha20, and Twofish).
- Provides the SHA-256 Advanced Encryption Standard
- KeePass is portable and can be carried on a USB to runs on Windows without being installed
- One master password decrypts the complete database
- The password list can be exported to several formats like TXT, HTML, XML, and CSV
To know more about Keepass Password Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Kaspersky Password Manager is known for simple and straightforward solutions. Performs most of the standard password management tasks, plus it offers a permanent free version and includes useful document scanning tools. Users can access it with a master password or your fingerprint on your mobiles. Provides secure storage for your passwords, addresses, bank card details, passport, driver’s license and syncs them across all your devices, giving you faster access to your online accounts. Kaspersky Password Manager runs on Windows, Mac, iOS & Android devices with one license.
- Gives you alerts of any duplicate passwords that could leave you vulnerable
- Also imports your login details previously stored in your browsers
- Clears your clipboard automatically after you’ve used it to keep your data safe
- Users can get your addresses auto-filled to save you from entering them manually
To know more about Kaspersky Password Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
RoboForm enables you to create an account by entering your email address and setting a Master Password. It is the one password you need to remember. RoboForm automatically saves new passwords as you log in to your online accounts and save time by logging with a single click or tap. RoboForm extensions are available for all major browsers. RoboForm password management software runs on multiple platforms, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android.
- RoboForm provides AES-256 bit encryption with PBKDF2 SHA-256
- Users can securely share Login information with other RoboForm users
- A random password generator will generate a strong and unique password for each site
- Saves time with autofill personal and billing information for long web forms
To know more about RoboForm Password Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Zoho Vault is a business application that provides a particular user with a comprehensive suite of password management features that include business-friendly user management and collaboration. The tool enables users to store, share, and manage passwords from anywhere securely. Zoho Vault password management software allows users to create different vaults or chambers and specify which are accessible to fellow team members and remain private and confidential.
- Allows you to track which users have access to various passwords
- Users can connect to websites and applications without manually entering login credentials
- Allows you to provide passwords to users and groups in bulk quickly
- Passwords are encrypted with the standard (AES-256) encryption
To know more about Zoho Vault Password Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
The LogMeOnce password manager is an ambitious tool. It allows you to access your saved passwords. Provides a secure Single Sign-On (SSO), Matures Identity Management (IDM), and a user-friendly dashboard that facilitates easy and secure access to all of your account’s applications. LogMeOnce password management software provides real-time visualization for managing connections to your mobile devices and on the computer.
- Works with all your devices so you can access easily anywhere
- The scorecard tracks the password’s success factors in four ways: its essence, strength, daily usage, and access activities
- Encrypts your data to protect it in the cloud
- Users can also access all of your passwords with a single click on the LogMeOnce dashboard
To know more about LogmeOnce Password Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
PassPack is a team password manager built to help small businesses and enterprises to share unique passwords safely. A web-based solution and users can access it from any device such as mobile, tablet, or PC. Works on strong encryption that allows users to share login details with colleagues securely. PassPack password management software is a reliable platform that keeps the user’s data safe from hackers.
- Works with the latest versions of Google Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Microsoft Edge
- Passpack offers free accounts, and you can upgrade when you need the features of a premium account
- Synchronizes your access from any supported browser
- Also makes importing passwords from CSV files easier
To know more about PassPack Password Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Passbolt is a free and open-source password manager that allows team members to store and share credentials securely. Such as your office’s wifi password, the administrator password of a router, or your organization’s social media account password can be secured using pass bolt. Passbolt servers never access your passwords. Passwords are encrypted on the client-side using a browser extension. The browser extension uses OpenPGP, a standard that provides a combination of strong public-key and symmetric cryptography.
- Allows users to import and export passwords
- The password is encrypted over HTTPS to the server
- Passbolt is 100% open-sourced, with audited code
- Allows users to perform backup to prevent loss of credentials
To know more about PassBolt Password Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Trend Micro Password Manager provides features like password generation, password capture, autofill, and a secure protected “vault” to store your credentials. Its password manager works entirely in your browser. It installs a launcher for Windows or Mac that opens a web portal called the Management Console. Trend Micro Password Manager software syncs your passwords and personal data across all your macOS, Windows, Android devices, and iOS with the same functionality.
- Protects everything you type from being read by cybercriminals
- Automatically fills your info while shopping online or signing up for services
- Provides a strong and unique password for each website you sign in
- Keeps you safe while banking online with enhanced security features
To know more about Trend Mirco Password Manager Software features and product options, click here to continue.
NordPass, store your passwords in the cloud and access your desktop, mobile, or favorite browser. Users can use the NordPass built-in password generator to create strong passwords whenever they need a new password. NordPass password management software identifies the passwords you store in your browser and helps you to import them. Allows users to import them in bulk using a CSV file from other password managers.
- When you visit a new website, NordPass saves your credentials automatically
- Provides regular automatic backups to the cloud and syncing across devices
- Also provides mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Provides OCR scanning for inputting card details and other information
To know more about NordPass Password Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Hypervault is a password manager for teams and companies. It manages your (client) data. It safely stores account information and makes it easy to share with co-workers, team members, and clients. The interface is clean, entirely dedicated to structure and speed, and manages everything in one dashboard. Hypervault password manager software also allows you to upload a CSV-document from other password managers.
- Users can create groups and clients/projects to organize all their data in a structured way
- Allows you to share passwords with groups or with a single person
- Automatically saves new login credentials right from your vault
- Users can customize Hypervault with their logo and custom domain
To know more about HyperVault Password Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Intuitive Password enables users to manage their logins and passwords, and it’s easy to have a unique password for an online account and improve your online security. Automatically syncs across all devices, and users can easily access their accounts, profiles, etc., via their computers and mobile devices. Intuitive Password management software is a military-grade password manager that protects your confidential data and passwords.
- Compatible with any device such as desktops, laptops, smartphones, and tablets, without requiring users to install
- Protects your online identity against phishing scams, online fraud, cybercrime, and malware
- Secures all confidential details such as bank information, contracts, and other secret documents in one place
- Provides AES-256 encryption and 10,000+ rounds of PBKDF2
To know more about Intuitive Password Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
LastPass is a password management software that helps you to manage your passwords. It provides password generation, management, and deployment. LastPass connects a local password manager with cloud-based storage, and your password database is decrypted on your device locally. Your passwords are only accessible via local decryption or by logging into LastPass’s secure website using your master password. LastPass password management software encrypted with 256-bit AES encryption.
- Users can protect their data with fingerprint login, mobile pin app unlock, and two-factor authentication
- Protects every password and gives employees convenient access with Single Sign-On
- It also provides a free version with limited features
- Saves your website login information, addresses, credit card details, and Wi-Fi passwords, which you can sync with all your devices
- Provides a user-friendly interface that works well with various browsers and devices
To know more about LastPass Password Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Dashlane generates randomized, strong passwords for every account and autofill logins of payment details instantly and personal info without compromising your data security. Dashlane password management software works on every device and browser, making the internet safer and easier to navigate at home, at work, school, etc.
- Stores an unlimited number of passwords and enables you to access them anywhere
- Allows users to autofill the right username and password on every account
- When you visit a website, it automatically saves the password
- Dashlane Sync your data to every device automatically
- It also provides a free version with limited features
To know more about Dashlane Password Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Sticky Password is a software solution designed to help people protect multiple accounts with strong and unique passwords. Securely stores all your login credentials. Sticky Password management software manages and removes access to your online accounts to set permissions to other people. Keeps an encrypted copy of your cloud data to sync your passwords between devices.
- Provides 2‑step verification, military‑grade AES‑256 encryption, and biometric authentication
- Also works on Windows, Mac, Android, and iPhone
- A portable password manager allows you to access your encrypted data on any device
- Keeps your licenses, passport information, credit card information in the secure vault
To know more about Sticky Password Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
KeePassXC is a cross-platform password manager that enables you to store all of your passwords in one location. Creates and keeps passwords for you, so you can use many different passwords on different sites and services without memorizing them. You only require to remember one master password that allows you to access the encrypted password manager database.
- Users can store their passwords securely and auto-type them into your websites and applications
- A separate browser plug-in called KeePassXC-Browser is available for Chrome and Firefox
- The complete database is always encrypted with the industry-standard AES-256 encryption
- Stores sensitive information in entries that are organized by groups
To know more about KeePassXC Password Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
RememBear password management software memorizes and manages all your passwords, and it does so with an endearing interface that frequently involves animated bears. This password manager handles the essential tasks of capturing and replaying passwords, and it syncs across all your Android, Windows, macOS, and iOS devices.
- RememBear saves and auto-fills your passwords to save your time and keep you safe online
- It saves your passwords in a single place
- Provides end-to-end AES 256-bit encryption
- Provides cloud-based password storage secured by bank-grade encryption
To know more about RememBear Password Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Types of Password Manager
- Cloud-based password manager: Saves your encrypted passwords on the service provider’s network, and the service provider is directly responsible for protecting your passwords. It is available in different forms, such as a browser extension, desktop app, or mobile app.
- Desktop-based password manager: Saves your passwords locally on your devices, such as on your laptop, mobile, etc. You can’t access those passwords from any other device if you lose the device. Locally installed password managers are an excellent option for people who don’t want their data stored on someone else’s network.
The decentralized process of password management leads to system lockout and forgotten passwords. When your password leaks, malicious individuals have an email address, username, and password combination to try on other websites. Password manager software allows you to implement best security practices comfortably and reduces the risks for you and your organization. Password manager software prevents your team from reusing the same password on multiple devices. Creates stronger passwords by default and also makes it easier to rotate credentials.