What is a Network Security Software?
Network security software is created to enhance the security of a network. Different network security software provides complete protection for in-transit data, data at rest, and additional network setup elements. It includes network security to maintain “usability, reliability, integrity, and safety” for a network. Network security supports administrators in tracking and neutralizing unauthorized access or denying network resources through anti-phishing, Trojan horses, spyware, worms, and other vendor-specific vulnerabilities.
Network Security software consists of real-time tools to monitor a network to prevent unapproved access, data leaks, or other threats. These tools may focus on endpoint security, where network data is displayed on devices, or internal security, where various risks happen within the network.
Importance of a Network Security Software
List of Best Network Security Software
When you start looking for the best network security software, it is easy to get overwhelmed with the list of options available. Here is the handpicked list of network security software to choose as per your requirement:
Trend Micro Premium Security provides complete, multi-device security using Advanced Artificial Intelligence Learning technology. Trend Micro Security protects devices against malware, viruses, identity theft protection, spyware, file shredder, monitoring multiple URLs, and evolving threats.
Trend Micro Premium Security allows users to monitor and analyze cyber threats and protect devices from vulnerabilities and targeted attacks. It is available on-premise and cloud-based.
It enables an admin to view alert status, and software updates and gain insights on performance. It allows users to integrate with multiple third-party applications, such as SOAR and SIEM systems.
- Provides social network protection
- Fix fundamental network problems and get everything running at top speed
- Protects and manages passwords
- Safeguards against email scams
To know more about Trend Micro Premium Security Software features and product options, click here to continue.
NetCut is a network protection tool that defends against so-called “spoofing” attacks. Such attacks, referenced as ARP cache poisoning, and ARP poison routing (ARP = address resolution protocol), target LAN to gain IP addresses of computers within a network. Netcut is a tool that protects and manages your private network. But most importantly, it detects spoofing attacks and attempts.
NetCut internet security can continuously work in the background. You can launch the scanning of a PC or a network with the app. Other options with NetCut include blocking internet access for specific devices, viewing reports, and history, and detecting unknown (guest) users.
- Runs well with a variety of networks, including school LAN, works LAN, and Wi-Fi networks
- Also checks the connection and reloads the program’s components anytime when you need it
- Provides network protection and network defender
- Enables you to view a list of your network adapters along with their MAC and IP addresses
To know more about Netcut Network Security Software features and product options, click here to continue.
AVG Internet Security software now comes with new Webcam Protection, and Ransomware Protection features to secure your data or files. Along with full-time antivirus security, AVG Internet Security Business Edition offers its users a firewall, webcam protection, file shredder, and web protection. Its malware protection functionality protects against viruses, and spyware threats, while the firewall safeguards business data.
AVG Internet Security software is compatible with Mac and Windows operating systems. It provides a mobile app for iOS and Android. Available on-premise and cloud-based. Provides users with phone and email support with every AVG subscription.
- Provides web defence and real-time protection
- AVG scans your computer for problems and clean up your hard drive so your computer will work faster
- Enhanced firewall and android protection included
- Remove potentially malicious browser toolbars and extensions
To know more about AVG Internet Security Software features and product options, click here to continue.
VIPRE Advanced Security provides top-rated malware protection at the best value in the industry. Malicious website and web content blocking. Comprehensive Windows, Mac, and Mobile coverage. Server-based blocking of e-mail-based threats. It provides webcam protection, an advanced firewall, device control, and security patches for the endpoint. VIPRE never slows you down.
VIPRE Internet Security protects against Trojans, infected attachments, malicious links, spyware, rootkits, etc. Allows users to schedule scans and monitor current updates. Available on cloud-based and desktop (Mac and Windows operating systems).
- Monitoring and blocking technology used rule-based and behavioural techniques to find rogue apps and shut them down
- Server-based blocking of e-mail based threats
- Better performance lets you work faster and more efficiently
- Device control and patch management for an endpoint
To know more about VIPRE Advanced Security Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Norton Security software is a cross-platform security suite that provides subscription-based real-time malware protection, identity theft protection, and performance tuning tools. Additional features include a personal firewall, spam filtering, and anti-phishing protection.
Norton Security’s easy-to-use interface provides safe kids' parental controls functionality that allows users to track download history and online activities to ensure a secure browsing environment. It provides a mobile app for iOS and Android. Available on-premise and on desktop (Mac and Windows).
It enables users to scan and block multiple malicious websites from collecting personal information, such as contact number, date of birth, and address. Allows users to protect multiple devices.
- Dark web monitoring notifies you if Norton finds your personal information on the Dark Web
- Avoids unsafe websites and suspicious downloads
- Enables users to move protection from one device to another
- Maintains privacy, no matter what device you are using
To know more about Norton Security Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Total AV is one of the best internet security solutions that provide a wide range of security features catching almost all malware, ransomware, and spyware. Total AV is a reasonably new, fully-featured software suite with a free and paid version. It is suitable for various platforms, including iOS, Android, Mac OS, and Windows platforms. Total AV’s password managers keep an encrypted store of all the passwords you enter.
- Keeps web browsing private and unblocks geo-restricted streaming content using Windscribe’s powerful VPN technology
- Allows rapid installation and keeps you protected without slowing you down
- The Junk Shredder component recovered approximately a gigabyte of disk space by deleting useless files
- Also analyzes and blocks phishing sites and includes a secure search engine feature
To know more about Total AV Network Security Software features and product options, click here to continue.
McAfee Total Protection provides Windows, Mac, and mobile virus protection promise, spam filtering capabilities, encrypt sensitive files, dark web protection, and much more. Connect five or ten devices and protect what matters most from hackers and cybercriminals.
McAfee Total Protection allows users to identify and blocks vulnerabilities across data centres. Enables users to monitor malicious network traffic and prevent attacks. Provides a mobile app for ios and Android.
It allows an admin to gain visibility into devices and analyze vulnerability assessments and endpoint protection. Enables users to integrate with VMware NSX and OpenStack.
- Provides performance optimization for devices, storage and file encryption
- Provides a complete analysis of your home network, makes your system secure from hackers
- Clears your digital footprints regularly and saves your digital identity from attackers
- Also works as a password manager to manage the password for all your accounts
To know more about McAfee Total Protection Software features and product options, click here to continue.
ESET Smart Security Premium software is the ultimate internet safety solution, connecting multiple security layers, including advanced features such as malware detection, file security, endpoint security, virus protection, online banking protection, password manager and file encryption. Protects against data theft in the event of a USB key or laptop loss and allows secure collaboration and data sharing.
ESET security suite allows users to protect essential information, such as usernames and passwords, from spyware, rootkits, and viruses by monitoring malicious activities. Enables users to assess the system before installing the program to ensure operational safety.
Enables users to remove malware and spam from email servers. Also enables users to gain into threat sources to create reports. It provides a mobile app for iOS and Android. Available on-premise and cloud-based
- Comes with an email filtering component that allows control over all email protocols (including POP3, MAPI, IMAP, and HTTP)
- Protects all your devices with a single license. No matter if you run on a Windows, Mac, Android, or Linux
- Encrypts your files and removable media. Protect them against theft and ensure secure collaboration and data sharing
- Also Secures your digital payments and provides identity theft protection
To know more about Eset Smart Security Premium Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Comodo Internet Security can block most cyberattacks and malware that steal private data stored on a computer. It also provides free multi-layered protection against malicious threats that appear in the form of a suite, integrates Defense+, automated sandboxing of suspicious data, and firewalls to achieve full-fledged security against online threats and blocking of malicious attacks.
Comodo Internet Security provides a Host Intrusion Prevention System’ (HIPS) that allows users to monitor and blocks malicious network intrusions. It provides a mobile app for iOS and Android. Available on-premise and cloud-based. Also provides a desktop app for Mac and Windows.
- Detects & removes rootkits on your computer
- It prevents unauthorized modification of critical operating system files and registry entries
- Detects spyware threats and destroys each infection
- Detects & removes rootkits on your computer
To know more about Comodo Internet Security Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Consumers all over the world have been victims of cybercrime. Every link clicked, app downloaded, and network joined is an opportunity for hackers to compromise personal data. Webroot Internet Security software provides complete antivirus protection of personal information by blocking the latest malware, phishing, and cyber-attacks. It also offers simple but powerful antivirus protection, a remarkably flexible backup and file-sharing system, cloud backup and a top-of-the-line password manager.
Webroot Internet Security allows an admin to view scan history, set permission access with a password, and restore isolated files. Users can gain insights into devices and potential malware threats using charts to enhance business processes. Provides a desktop app for Mac and Windows.
Webroot is the best security suite that allows users to stop threats across a secure browser, URLs, files, apps, etc. Supports multiple languages, such as French, English, Spanish, etc. Also provides a 30-day free trial.
- Provides identity theft protection on mobile devices with a secure browser that blocks malicious websites
- Secure browsing with real-time anti-phishing
- Protects up to 25GB of digital files from damage or loss with cloud-based backup storage
- Provides Webcam protection
To know more about Webroot Internet Security Complete Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Malwarebytes is one of the best network security tools that are suitable for businesses of all sizes. It includes web protection, centralized reporting, cloud backup, ransomware mitigation, etc. Allows users to identify theft and remove malicious activities. Enables users to integrate with ServiceNow, Splunk, rapid7, etc. Malwarebytes network security suite allows users to secure their team members' devices against viruses, malware, and hackers. Also provides a free trial.
- Provides a mobile app for iOS and Android
- Supports multiple languages, such as English, German, Russian, etc
- Works on Mac and Windows, newer or older versions
- Available on-premise and cloud-based
To know more about Malwarebytes Network Security Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Falcon is one of the internet security suites that is designed for businesses of all sizes. It includes threat event detection, data security, malware detection, AI-based testing, etc. Allows users to create, manage and change firewall policies. Enables users to track malicious activities and prevent data tampering across various devices. Falcon internet security suite enables users to view and block hackers and prevent unapproved access in real-time.
- Provides a mobile app for iOS and Android
- Enables an admin to set permissions and determine access to individuals as per requirements
- Allows users to integrate with Cloudflare, Okta, Akamai, Illusive Networks, etc
- Available on-premise and cloud-based
To know more about Falcon Network Security Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Avast internet security suite provides 100% protection against zero-day threats. Avast develops and debug its cloud-based scanning system for unknown content, and it includes our intelligent antivirus protection that detects viruses, malware, ransomware, and phishing. Avast internet security software also includes extra free security features such as Software Updater, Ransomware Shield, and Passwords.
Avast is one of the internet security suites that allows users to protect systems from malicious web pages, URLs, files and emails. It also enables users to create performance reports in real-time.
Avast enables users to block unapproved access and secure financial transactions or online banking. Provides an app for desktops (Mac and Windows).
- Supports (do not disturb mode) can be set for different apps
- Available on on-premise and cloud-based
- Provides Wi-Fi security Secure Password
- Detailed settings for every scan mode
To know more about Avast Network Security Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Bitdefender Total Security is an advanced anti-malware and anti-ransomware tool created by Bitdefender to cover your PC from all possible threats completely. Provides the best protection and lowest impact on performance without compromising speed. Bitdefender internet security software also provides a secure VPN for complete online privacy.
Bitdefender is one of the best internet security suites that allows teams to manage the security of Microsoft Exchange mail servers via the Control Center console using anti-spam and anti-malware functionality. It also provides the protection of mobile devices across various locations. Allows users to connect up to five devices.
- Advanced parental controls to keep your kids safe online
- Provides multi-layer ransomware protection to keep your files safe
- Unbeatable threat detection to stop sophisticated malware
- Innovative technologies to protect against zero-day attacks
To know more about Bitdefender Network Security Software features and product options, click here to continue.
ZoneAlarm is one of the best network security solutions that allow users to detect Trojan horses, malware and spyware while the active firewall protects the user’s system from the network. Flexible firewall configuration allows you to configure mandatory access to the internet for each application or automate permissions. A unique component for user privacy real-time protection monitors your data and prevents unapproved access to it.
ZoneAlarm is one of the best internet security suites that protect against phishing, and rootkits. Allows users to block identity theft by securing browsing or personal data. It enables users to implement custom anti-virus scans and ensure complete protection. Available on-premise and cloud-based.
- Protects users from viruses, malware, and other threats while securing your identity and privacy from hackers
- Allows users to safely search the web, download clean files only, and avoid phishing attacks before they happen
- Temporarily suppress requests, scans, and updates with Gamer Mode so that you can play PC games without interruptions
- Detect automatically when wireless networks are used
To know more about ZoneAlarm Network Security Software features and product options, click here to continue.
WebTitan is an internet security software that allows users to monitor ransomware, viruses, malware, etc. It includes website allowlists and blocklists, reporting, content filtering, etc. Allows users to detect and block malicious threats automatically in real-time. WebTitan internet security software provides a DNS and web filtering functionality.
WebTitan internet security suite allows users to detect malicious URLs, including HTTP and HTTPS. Enables users to create a report with customizable filters. It also allows users to integrate with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) to create reports on specific individuals or groups.
- Supports multiple languages, such as English, Spanish, French, etc
- Available on-premise and cloud-based
- Provides a desktop app for Mac, Windows, Linux and Chromebook
- Provides supports via email, phone, etc
To know more about WebTitan Network Security Software features and product options, click here to continue.
GlassWire is a network security application suitable for businesses of all sizes. It includes an in-built firewall, remote server monitoring, bandwidth usage monitoring, network monitoring, etc. Allows users to track past and current network activity by application, traffic type, and block threats. GlassWire internet security suite enables users to monitor network usage by a specific day, time, week and month.
GlassWire is one of the best internet security suites that allows users to monitor sharing data by apps, bandwidth, WiFi connection, application changes, DNS changes and ARP spoofing. It also enables users to detect threats and network changes.
- Supports multiple languages, such as English, French, German, etc
- Available on cloud-based and desktop – Windows
- Provides a free version with limited security features
- Provides a mobile app for Android
To know more about GlassWire Network Security Software features and product options, click here to continue.
iPrism Web Security allows users to manage web threats, streamline secure communications via real-time analysis of network protocols applications. It includes application filtering, anti-virus scanning, secure browser, etc. Allows an admin to configure an access control list (ACL) and monitor systems in real-time. Allows users to create customizable and standard reports.
iPrism enables users to identify threats and defend against malware attacks. Allows an admin to identify botnets and classify URLs. Enables an admin to scan Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS). It also supports a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.
- Provides a desktop app for Mac and Windows
- Available on-premise and cloud-based
- Also provides iGuard URL Service
- It provides support via email, phone, etc
To know more about iPrism Web Security Software features and product options, click here to continue.
WatchGuard Firebox network security solution allows users to protect systems from malware, phishing attempts, ransomware and improve network visibility. It includes network discovery, threat detection and response, application control, etc. Allows an admin to create rules for a Virtual Private Network (VPNs), network inspections, and content filtering. WatchGuard network security solution also provides network configuration for various networks and clients.
- WatchGuard enterprise network security provides an in-built SD-WAN
- Available on cloud-based and desktop (Mac and Windows)
- It supports multiple languages, such as French, English, German, etc
- Provides a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption
To know more about WatchGuard Network Security Software features and product options, click here to continue.
ITL Total Security is one of the best security suites that scan your system using various scanning mechanisms (smart scan, deep scan, and custom scan) to identify infections and protect your system. Scan removable devices for comprehensive security. Ensure complete protection against viruses or other malicious programs spreading via USB drives like pen drives and external hard disks. ITL Total Security software allows you to browse safely on all major web browsers, such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
- Get regular automatic database updates on your system to ensure the best identity theft protection
- Ensures that startup items are always protected using the Startup Manager
- Supports continuously scans your system in real-time to keep it safe from all active infections
- Enables users to make web surfing safer by installing the safety add-on
To know more about ITL Total Security Software features and product options, click here to continue.
As the world becomes increasingly digitized, we rely more and more on networks and the internet. These, in turn, require that the system and internet provide us with a safe and reliable service. However, as our personal and sensitive data is stored in electronic repositories and archives, hackers turn their attention to networked systems. For this reason, a person or organization needs to use the best and most reliable network security suites from network security software options.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the types of Network Security?
1) Access control: This controls users’ access to the network or sensitive system sections. You can limit network access to only recognized users and devices or grant restricted access to non-compliant or guest users using security protection.
2) Antivirus and anti-malware software: Malware is a standard cyber-attack method in many shapes and sizes. Some variations work fast to remove files or corrupt data, while others can lie dormant for long periods and quietly allow hackers a back door into systems. The best antivirus software will control network traffic, scan activity log files for suspicious behaviour or long-term patterns, and offer threat remediation capabilities.
3) Email security: Email is an essential factor to consider when implementing networking security tools. Numerous threat vectors can be attached to or incorporated into emails like scams, and suspicious links. It filters out incoming threats and is configured to prevent outgoing messages from sharing certain data forms.
4) Firewalls: This primarily functions as a gatekeeper between a network and the internet. Firewalls filter incoming and, in some cases, outgoing traffic by comparing data packets against predefined rules and policies, preventing threats from accessing the network.
5) Web security: Web security software serves fewer purposes. First, it limits internet access for employees to prevent them from accessing sites that could contain malware. It blocks other web-based threats and works to protect a customer’s web gateway.
What is the best Internet Security Suite?
Best internet-security suites offer a complete range of protection for your web devices. Subscriptions include applications for Android and iPhone smartphones. It offers additional features like VPN, Webcam protections, separate firewalls, and rescue disks.
What is Firewalls?
Firewalls protect networks and can be barriers between a trusted and external network. It can detect and restrict all apps running in the network and prevent inappropriate user activity. They generally keep a close watch on new or unknown programs in the network. This help neutralizes suspicious behaviour before they develop into problem situations. The best firewall monitors traffic and prevents malicious access from harming users.
What is Malware, Privacy and Phishing Protection?
Malware protection is a critical feature in any network safety solution. It prevents systems from spyware, malware and phishing attacks. Enables users to scan and block multiple malicious websites from collecting personal information, such as contact number, date of birth, and address.
What is Network Access Control?
It prevents hackers from attempting to infiltrate your network. You can make access control policies or rules for the user and device. Allows an admin to restrict employee access based on their workplace devices by blocking all personal data.
Is McAfee Total Protection is the best Network Security Suite?
McAfee Total Protection allows users to identify and block vulnerabilities across data centres. Enables users to monitor malicious network traffic and prevent attacks.