What is an Inventory Management Software?
Inventory management is essential for businesses of any size. It enables you to know when to restock inventory, what amounts to purchase or produce, what price to pay, and when to sell. Allows businesses to manage and track inventory from the manufacturer to the warehouse to the sale point. Inventory management software also helps with other processes such as accounting, invoicing, making reports, keeping track of shipments, etc. If the software is cloud-based, you can sync it up with your other cloud applications and access your data anywhere, at any time.
Inventory management software helps you control system-wide inventory across geographically-dispersed locations to efficiently manage your distribution process without losing track of sight of costs. Receive stock to a specific site and drill down to change item default lot/serial numbers, valuation methods, etc.
Features of Inventory Management Software
List of Inventory Management Software
When you start looking for the best inventory management software, it is easy to get overwhelmed with the list of options available. Here is the handpicked list of inventory management software to choose as per your requirement:
Zoho Inventory is a cloud-based inventory management program that helps you create and manage sales, purchase orders, and track inventory. You can manage stock at multiple locations and keep track of inter-warehouse transfers effortlessly. Track the movement of each item and watch on batch expiration dates with unique identifier codes. Zoho Inventory management software allows you to convert a sales order into an invoice, send it via mail, and track its status.
Zoho Inventory also enables you to generate packing slips and print shipping labels in your preferred format. You can create a price list for regular vendors, update the prices automatically, maintain your purchase order history, and keep track of your unpaid bills.
- Helps you to manage all of your vendor transactions and bills in one place
- You can manage every operation, from accepting an order to dispatching it to your customer
- Enables you to manage, customize, and track your items from a single dashboard
- Also provides a mobile app for iOS and Android devices
To know more about Zoho Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
ProfitBook is a cloud-based inventory management software that automates your workflows and accelerates purchase requisitions. Enables users to create sales orders easily, record purchases, track inventory, and manage the entire order workflow. You can also fulfill the orders partially and create invoices only for the delivered items. ProfitBooks inventory management software enables you to create multiple warehouses to track your inventory better and decide where to keep the stock while making a sales bill.
- Allows you to add multiple users and assign them specific roles
- You can organize products in different batches and specify batch numbers, manufacturing date, and expiry dates
- You can also maintain a record of each stock transfer between warehouses
- Provides you instant access to reports like inventory valuation, low stock, pending orders, and stock wastage
To know more about ProfitBooks Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Cin7 is an automated point-of-sales package and inventory management software. It gives retailers, wholesalers, and simple manufacturers one solution to keep orders in line with inventory for every stock location and sales channel. Provides real-time visibility and advanced reporting to help brands optimize inventory, reduce costs, increase margins, and maximize cash flow. Cin7 inventory management software can also be used with numerous eCommerce systems, making it ideal for online shop owners.
- Centralizes your inventory, order workflows, and sales channels in one solution
- Also includes built-in POS and warehouse management, etc
- You can manage inventory in your private warehouse, 3PL warehouse, for FBA or your stores
- Integrates with 450+ platforms
To know more about Cin7 Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Quickbooks enable you to track what you’ve ordered from each vendor. You can organize contact information for multiple vendors in one place to make reordering easier. Your inventories are automatically updated when you buy and sell products, making it easy to see what you are selling and what you need to reorder. Quickbooks inventory management software enables you to create custom and professional invoices, sales receipts, estimates, record bills from vendors, and pay to vendors only when due.
- You can organize your products with images, categories, and prices
- Also reduces data entry errors with mobile barcode scanning
- Can print barcode labels with sales prices to give your customers
- Can schedule recurring payments to save time
To know more about Quickbooks Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Acumatica is a cloud-based inventory management software that offers real-time access to available inventory, reorder quantities, inventory in transit, and inventory costs so you can efficiently manage your distribution process. Acumatica inventory management software allows you to select a different valuation method for each inventory item. A set of reports and inquiry screens provides up-to-date valuations and enables you to make direct adjustments to cost and physical inventory count.
- Allows you to manage multiple warehouses with location-specific inventory quantities, allocations, and costs
- Helps you to plan proactively to avoid shortages and overstock situations
- For each warehouse, you can specify the access rights to determine the group of people
- Also allows you to track inventory by lot or serial number
To know more about Acumatica Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Ecomdash is a cloud-based inventory management software that integrates standard inventory management features with shipping management and order management into one platform. It is designed for small and mid-sized online retailers who sell through multiple channels. Ecomdash inventory management software gives you the option of managing all your online sales channels from one dashboard. Coordinate sales and stock levels on eBay, Amazon, etc., with reporting and auto-synchronizing. Allows users to tag products and organize them in the system by different categories and groups.
- You can manage products across multiple warehouses without the fear of overselling
- Enables you to set custom alerts to notify you of low inventory
- You can track individual components along with the bundled items
- Provides you a 15 days free trial
To know more about Ecomdash Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Orderhive is a cloud-based inventory management software created for medium, small, wholesalers, large retailers, and distributors. Allows retail sellers to track their orders, inventory, and shipments across all of their online sales channels, analyze team performance and locate stock in the warehouse. Orderhive inventory management software also provides users with real-time updates about their business via a reporting and analytics feature.
- Enables you to serialize your inventory in batches and lots
- Also integrates with various payment portals and shipping carriers, allowing orders to be shipped anywhere across the globe
- You can track and manage your inventory in real-time across multiple channels
- Over 5500 e-commerce companies across the globe are using Orderhive
To know more about Orderhive Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
SkuVault e-commerce inventory management software allows you to sync your e-commerce sales channels, manage your inventory, and generate reports. Manages workflows and processes that oversee stocked products’ levels and status in a warehouse or multiple warehouses. SkuVault inventory management software enables users to know how much inventory you have listed on your sales channels and when you require restocking.
- Enables you to pull vendor contact information directly into your purchase order templates
- Allows you to know what you have in stock so you can forecast better
- Enables you to use barcoding to save time while receiving inventory
- You can manage multiple warehouse inventory from the cloud
To know more about Skuvault Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
ClearSpider is a cloud-based inventory management system that provides enhanced visibility at thousands of forwarding stocking locations. It is made possible through a highly customizable platform, limitless integration options, a smooth implementation, and mobile capabilities. ClearSpider helps drive successful business decisions using metric-driven data presented in multiple reports to your specific needs. ClearSpider inventory management software provides clarity to track your inventory processes via a centralized database with powerful back-end support.
- Has a customizable system that can add or subtract functionality based on your inventory needs
- Automatically generates purchase orders once you have reached your minimum level
- Also tracks and makes adjustments to your stock quantities when your business performs its cycle counts
- Automatically highlight any issues related to inventory
To know more about ClearSpider Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
InFlow is a Windows and Microsoft SQL-based inventory management software suitable to the needs of mid-sized and large enterprises across industries. It includes manufacturing, healthcare, wholesale and retail, government, and e-commerce. InFlow inventory management software also provides order management, stock management, invoicing, and reporting. It can be deployed either as a cloud or an on-premise system. InFlow has advanced modules for shipping, supplier, warehouse, reorder management, barcoding, inventory forecasting, and custom pricing.
- Built-in barcode creation and label printing make it easy to adopt barcodes for scanning
- Also provides chat, email, and callback support
- B2B Portals enables you to send customized prices and catalogs to specific customers
- InFlow is used in 90+ countries around the world
To know more about Inflow Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
4PSite is a cloud-based software for retail businesses that helps manage inventory, shipping, orders, etc. A web-based central inventory manager for your stores and allows you to have an accurate inventory count for your items. 4PSite inventory management software automatically keeps track of your stock based on incoming and outgoing orders and sends inventory updates to your channels. Out-of-stock items can automatically be placed on backorder.
- Enables to eliminate the option for customers to place orders for items that are out of stock
- Auto-feeding the Inventory levels to channels: eBay, Amazon, etc
- Offers you the ability to check availability as your customers are placing their order
- Allows you to can access the cloud-based System from anywhere, and any time
To know more 4PSite Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
AdvancePro offers cloud-based inventory management software for various industries to manage buying, warehousing, selling, and shipping processes. Closely visualizes the stock levels and allows users to inform customers of real-time product availability while making a sale. AdvancePro inventory management software is a fully integrated solution that connects with major accounting, e-commerce, and shipping platforms.
- Stock levels are automatically adjusted when the new stocks are received or once a sale is completed
- With lot and serial tracking capability, staff members can locate items within the warehouse
- Also enables users to generate and email Pro-forma invoices and customer order quotations
- Offers administrative and operation features with deployment options of on-premise and web-based
To know more about AdvancePro Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
A bellwether is a cloud-based software for businesses. Easy to set up and includes purchase orders, invoicing, receiving, and inventory. It offers three packages perfect for non-profits, small organizations, and midsize and large businesses. The requisition module enables users to select items, add them to the shopping cart, customize the field in order, and view budget spend by percentage. Supports full statistical control, including minimum and maximum stock levels and reorder quantity.
- The receiving module enables users to match shipment quantities, details, track partial shipments and rejections
- Compatible with Linux, Mac, and Windows
- Provides purchase order creation in a single and multiple POs
- Also provides an app for tablets and smartphones
To know more about Bellwether Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
EazyStock is a cloud-based inventory software for wholesalers, distributors, manufacturers, and retailers across various industries. Automates your inventory management to reduce excess inventory, increase your service levels, reduce the amount of time spent on manual stock. It gives real-time visibility of the information required for the effective inventory management of demand forecasts and stock replenishment throughout the supply chain.
- Offer exclusively as SaaS and is hosted on Amazon Web Services
- Each item and warehouse location is dynamically tracked and planned to achieve your target
- Provides you a full view of your inventory with ready-made KPIs and reports
- Available in English, French, Japanese and, German
To know more about EazyStock Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Erplain is a web-based inventory and order management system that automates sales orders, invoices, and purchase orders while updating stock in real-time. It offers an integrated suite of applications that can be accessed from any device with an internet connection. Erplain inventory management software allows its users to keep track of product inventory across multiple locations. Users can manage deliveries and keep track of unpaid invoices. You can also check your forecasts per product or storage site.
- Scan barcodes to add products directly to your estimates, orders, shipping orders, and invoices
- Enables you to set up alerts to be notified by e-mail when your inventory reaches a specific reorder point
- Allows us to create unlimited product profiles and update each product with a description, pricing level, and stock quantity
- You can create a central repository of your customer’s detail
To know more about Erplain Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Unleashed Software provides you a powerful cloud-based platform for all your inventory management needs. Allows you to quickly and accurately track stock in real-time across multiple locations and get visibility on all inventory management and transactions across warehouses globally. With such dynamic inventory information, you can make better data-driven business decisions. Unleashed inventory management software also integrates with various eCommerce software to provide a holistic business solution.
- Provides a kitting feature that allows businesses to sell bundled products with no pre-assembly required
- Also available for Android and iOS platforms
- All connections to Unleashed are secured through 256 bit SSL security
- Available in multiple languages and supports multiple currencies
To know more about Unleased Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Ordoro is a cloud-based app for shipping and inventory management that consolidates all your sales channels, shippers, and vendors in one console. Enables retailers to organize all their back-office operations from a single location, enabling anyone to sell on eBay, Amazon, etc., or their website to manage. Allows users to monitor their inventory levels across all of their e-commerce accounts in one unified place. Ordoro inventory management software enables users to bundle products into kits.
- The batch supplier setup function allows you to add new suppliers straight from the Products page and assign several products to a supplier
- Also includes barcode scanning functionality
- Tracks inventory changes as orders are received and push out updated information to all your stores
- All orders are automatically imported from Ordoro-supported sales channels
To know more about Ordero Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Skubana allows order fulfillment, inventory operations, and business intelligence for brands and retailers looking to achieve a multichannel and multi-warehouse business model, focusing on monitoring and growing profitability. Its multichannel inventory management features help you keep your inventory across multiple warehouses and branches organized, and you never lose track of them. Skubana inventory management software has no limitations on users, warehouses, or channels, so it is more suitable for larger teams.
- One-click integrations enable sellers to sell across multiple channels, such as Amazon, eBay, etc
- Enables you to sync and push your products to all marketplaces and shopping carts in real-time
- Its business intelligence tools allow you to track your revenue and stock levels
- Automatically generated purchase orders to simplify and speed up your purchasing process
To know more about Skubana Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
TradeGecko is a cloud-based inventory and order management software for modern online businesses. Combines sales channels, locations, and currencies so that product, order, and a customer can be managed in one place and provides a stock control and organizational platform that works with multi-channel e-commerce operations of all sizes. TradeGecko inventory management software focuses on automating tasks while improving overall accuracy and cutting costs. With multiple integrations and the ability to handle inventory for wholesalers and distributors, users can optimize essential daily tasks to increase operational efficiency and improve overall growth.
- You can e-mail quotes and sends customers a link to invoices with payments option
- Can manage multiple warehouses and inventory locations efficiently on a single platform
- The mobile app also looks at business data, making it easy to create and manage inventory
- Automatically updates stock levels whenever sales and purchases are made
To know more about TradeGecko Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Veeqo is a web-based inventory management software designed to help retailers. You can Sync inventory across all your sales channels, forecast, reorder new stock, and manage every order. Enables you to track incoming and available inventory across multiple retail stores and warehouses, including FBA. Allows you to Pick & pack with speed and accuracy using the Veeqo Scanner. Veeqo inventory management software integrates with Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, Amazon, eBay, etc.
- Automatically updates your sales channels in real-time as you buy, sell, add, or transfer inventory
- Replenishes stock levels when items are returned and approved to be resold
- Also enables you to change your inventory for damaged products quickly
- You can easily import purchase orders in bulk via CSV
To know more about Veeqo Inventory Management Software features and product options, click here to continue.
Types of Inventory Management
- Periodic inventory: A way of managing stock that relies entirely on stock-taking. Businesses with a regular system count their stock every 3 to 6 months to verify stock accuracy and check whether stock levels match sales figures.
- Perpetual inventory: A system that includes tracking stock levels as goods are produced, sold, receipted, or returned to the store. It tends to deliver the most up-to-date inventory figures, with less dependence on stock accuracy.
An enterprise needs inventory software to track and manage stock accurately. Without proper inventory software, we will be working on an entirely ad-hoc basis. We will quickly run into situations where our business will be over-stock or under-stock. A large inventory carries the risk of spoilage, theft, damage, or shifts in demand. Inventory management software reduces the time and effort and informs you of the number of stocks you need to be sold at the time.